So now I am living in North Carolina and have taken to driving around occasionally to know the area. As I herd my car in the general direction of where most cars are headed I can’t help but notice the following 10 things thus far:
- There lots and lots of churches in North Carolina… Driving for a period of 15 minutes I counted 5 churches. Possible business idea?
- Lots of Lots of BB&T Bank terminals. Just one more try… you might get lucky and get some more money out.
- The heat in the summer tested my seasoned Minnesota niceness. Time to move a little slower and take my time.
- Who in the world is planning the sidewalks? While running on the sidewalk, I suddenly ran into a wall of trees, with nothing but highway to consider as an option. There was nowhere to go but back home.
- Why couldn’t the streets just be numbered? How am I supposed to remember all these names?
- Trees! Trees! Trees! It’s so green! Oh wait what does that building say? Dangit, A tree is blocking the building name.
- Taking a serene walk in the park, I ran into signs nailed to trees warning me of possible Copperheads in the area……Looks like my home is serene after all.
- Went to an African Festival in Raleigh last month. It was great! The Kenyan Group performing gymnastics was awesome. The African Children’s choir was inspiring too. Nothing but pleasure here.
- Had to go to court for some…uuheemm..personal business.. Not a lot of Diaspora here but a puzzling air of festivity…I learned so much in 40 minutes…mmhh!!
- Went to an Indian Restaurant in Cary, and right in the middle of a meal, a Caucasian girl came out and belly danced awkwardly for the clientage for 30 minutes. Talk about a Jack in the Box moment!!
Looking forward to more exploration in my Diaspora adventures.
- Triangle Freethought Society to Hold Fall Fundraising Event (patheos.com)
- “If performance is repetition with a difference, what are you going to do differently today?” (hetalikunal.wordpress.com)